Sunday, January 31, 2021

February 2020 filled with love, snow and St George sun

There is lots of snow this winter. It takes a team to keep the driveway and sidewalks cleaned off. 
It looks like it will never melt off in time for the Fourth of July.
This is the view of the pile of snow along the edge of the driveway. You can barely see the street sign. 
I decided that I want to grow my hair out to its natural color. I get tired of coloring and two weeks later it is growing out again. I don't even really know what I am going to have for a hair color when it is grown out. So I trimmed it off and got it lightened to make the transition a little easier. 
We headed down to St George to get out of the snow for a bit. I am liking my hair. I figure it will take two years to transition. 


Tonight there was the most beautiful sunset. The colors in Southern Utah are amazing and ever changing. 

Every year we go to the St George Parade of Homes. This year it was pretty amazing. I loved this collection of sayings hung on the wall. 

Some of the closets are nicer than many peoples living rooms. 

There are million dollar views from the windows in many of these homes. 
Dixie Rock draws a crowd on nice days. With so many people in town for the home show it was extra busy. The cars are parked all along the roads. 
Wayne and Vickie came and stayed for a night as they passed through town. 

Off to see more of the homes. This garage is big enough to park this huge motor home. 
While going through this home we ran into our dear friends from South America. David and Joy Atkinson. We have not seen them for a few years. They were serving in multiple missions and we got to work with them. That was a real treat. 
Our next visitors were these two cute grandkids. Isaac and Addie were passing through St. George with some friends. We had lunch with them. Love seeing these kids. 
This home was amazing. Check out that  ceiling. 


We decided to remodel our front yard. We took out all of the grass. Next we are adding desert plants and another palm tree. The rabbits were eating our grass and making a big rabbit poo mess. 

Back to Idaho. The snow is still piling up. 
We went out in the golf cart for al little ride. We have a heater so it was cozy warm. 
Lily and I have a passion for organizing. She likes to see what I have been doing. Love this girl. 
Back in St George there is no snow in site. Check out this beautiful moon. This is taken looking out from our front yard. 

 

No comments: