Monday, January 04, 2021

January 2020 we spent time in snowy Idaho and not snowy St George

January 2020 came in with lots of snow and cold. We spent Christmas in Rexburg. A couple of days later we went down to St George. It can be cold there but there is no snow and ice. 


The Clarks gave Jeff this mosaic puzzle. Stockton demonstrated his skills on it. 
 We flew down to St George. nIt was fun running into Lily in the airport. We had a quick moment to hug and then head off to our flights. She is a cutie. 
The flight to St George was very pretty as we came into Salt Lake with the sun shine on the Great Salt Lake. It was a nice flight. 
Jeff took his turn working on the mosaic puzzle. He did a good job too. 
  We did get to do some golfing in St George. It was sunny and sort of warm. There is a lot of water on the courses down here. Today we are with Byrn and Diana. 
Meanwhile back in Idaho the snow is piling up. This is Highway 33 being plowed out. 
The trucks can barely make it through the snow. 
           Driggs has a snow festival every winter. We went up to see it. They had a lot of snow sculptures.                There were alot of people there. We had fun seeing all of the sculptures. 

This is kind of random. I saw this picture and thought this girl looked like me when I was young. I think I even had some pants similar to these. 
Back to St George. It is so lovely out of our back patio. I find it peaceful here. 
We were able to eat outside. It is just warm enough. I love it. 
The St George is being remodeled. We went down and spent a couple of hours watching them tear off the back area that had been added in. You could see the old structure. They will be working on it for three years. They are also building a new temple in Washington. 
On a trip to Las Vegas we stopped in to see the Shelby Museum. They had a room full of history and Shelby cars. We also got to see the room where they can turn any Ford into a Shelby. I never knew that. We watched them working on some of the projects. 
When I was in college I took a Humanities Class from Rick Davis. I loved learning about all of the historical music. My favorite song was the Moldau by Smetana. When I saw this poster in a store window of a concert featuring the song I told Jeff we had to go. So we did. It was very good. The conductor broke the song down and explained it. It was so worth going to. 
I decide that I want to grow my hair it to its real color. Am I crazy? When I get it colored it goes brassy. With in weeks it is not the color I tried to have. So I am going to take the plunge. 
Some trivia here. I have this picture hanging in the bedroom. When the sun comes through he shutters the refection shines over the picture perfectly matching the lines in the picture. That is kind of cool I think. 
Another shot of the back yard. 
We drove back to Idaho. On the way we stopped in Provo to see the grandkids living down here. Christian , Grant and Symmony joined us for a Sunday dinner. We had a good visit. 
We stopped in Payson to see the Temple there. We also drove by the Hare Krishna temple and a Greek Orthodox Temple being built. 


Some more pictures of Christian, Grant and Symmony. January passed peacefully with a mix of snow and sun. I am thankful we have two beautiful homes in two different climates. We are so lucky!

 

No comments: