Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dazu Rock Carvings

After arriving in Chongquin we rode to the spectacular Dazu Rock Carvings.
There are over 50,000 carvings going back to ancient times. It was very beautiful there. It has only been open to the public around 30 years. Above are Linda and I in front of a peacock carved into a tree root. 
 Michael Wilcox taught us about the religions in China such as Buddhism, Taoism and about Confucianism.









We had fun everyday sharing our snacks for lunch. The group did not stop for lunch as it took too much valuable sight seeing time. Every day in China was a delight.

4 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

So unbelievable.
The person that carved that tree root had to have the patience of .... I don't know what.
I don't know anyone on the planet that serene and calm.

It's amazing they don't have all the carvings behind glass and ropes and stuff. We would ruin it here.

And NO I won't be wearing heels at the reception. I'll probably be in flipflops.

Ray Dong Chong said...

Holy peacock!! That's incredible.

hapi said...

Hi MZ, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

barbchuck said...

I hadn't even heard of the Dazu Rock Carvings! You certainly got to see a lot of things on this trip. It must have been so special.