Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hiking in the Tetons

Teton Views

Today Rachel, Ana, Lily, Amber and I decided to head to Jackson Hole. Amber (my niece, my brothers daughter) had never been there or even over the Jackson Pass. We decided she had to make the trip. So we went to shop and hike and eat. It was a successful trip. We did the hike up to Inspiration Point after riding the ferry across Jenny's Lake. It was a picture perfect day.



Rachel, Amber, Ana & Lily sitting on Inspiration Point. Views of the mountains were stunning.

Mary taking a break. Below is the sunset on the way home. We pulled off into a field to get the pictures of the red sunset. You will need to look at Rachel's blog to see the picture of the dessert we had at Sweetwater in Jackson Hole. We ordered S'mores. They brought a little fire pot and all the fixins for S'mores to our table. We roasted our marshmallows to perfection. A great day!






Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Beth said...

Beautiful Pictures. Looks like a fabulous day.

Jonna said...

What a great adventure! I love hiking, and it doesn't seem like we get to go often enough. My favorite hike was climbing the Middle Teton. We did it all in one day. It was a challenge, but one I will forever remember. I especially love your last sunset picture...stunning.

barbchuck said...

I am like, Jonna. I just LOVE to hike! What a fun day you all must have had! I wish I could have been there!

Drew and Valarie's Family Blog said...

Wow, what beautiful pictures of you girls with the mountains in the background!!!!

Berta said...

I love the Tetons! Fun pics of the fam - there's nothing like hanging out in nature. You'll have to keep an eye on Whitney's blog - her husband was camping up in the Tetons this past weekend and took the most amazing picture - it literally looks like a painting! I love the pic of the sunset - I remember that day - stunning.

Leslie said...

Oh man! Twice in as many weeks? Boy am I missing out this summer...we better make up for it! :)