Sunday, June 02, 2013

Memorial Day Memories 2013


 Spring is a long painful process in Idaho. It comes blowing in and we get short little peaks of the good weather to come. The trees were all flowering and so beautiful. I mowed the lawn and caught the sun shining through this tree. 
 We did our annual trek up to the sand dunes to see the fancy things up there. There is a lot of money being spent on ATVs etc. 

How would you like to travel in this manner with all your toys? 
Then I saw this little machine. We stopped to admire it. I asked the owner if I could take a closer look. He told us about it and then asked if we wanted to go for a ride. Oh boy!!!


We said yes and he took us for a wild ride. We climbed a hill called Thunder Ridge that others could not get up. We flew up and then soared around the bowls on the other side. Quite the ride. He had head phones so you could talk while riding. The corvette engine in it was loud. 

We drove around for a while and saw some interesting things like this interesting junk yard. I think there are some interesting stories here. 

I think these folks must have been drinking for Memorial Day. 

Next came a trip to the cemetery. It was a good weekend with lots of fun times. 

2 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

You are more adventuresome than I would have been. I don't so the dunes.

Wow. Those are some serious toys.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh and I totally love the sun through the tree.
Amazing.