Sunday, November 18, 2012

Israel on the brink of war, so sad!

 A few months ago we went to the Middle East and had the most amazing time. Some of these pictures are repeats but I love looking at them. I love the people we met and the amazing things that we saw. I saw this week on the news that some group has decided to destroy the pyramids and the sphinx. I sure hope that they do not find a way to do it. 

 Our trip to Israel was an amazing experience. Every minute of each day was filled with so much history and knowledge. 
 Jerusalem!
 Masada!

 The Sea of Galilee and the fishing boat we went out on in the night. 






 The field that David killed Goliath. 
 The Garden of Gethsemane!


The division between the Jews and the Palestinians is always present. Now it is said they are on the brink of war. It appears they are already at war. We live in a country so vast in size. The area these people live in is small in comparison. I saw that a missile fired from the Gaza strip landed near Bethlehem. It makes me very sad to think of the consequences that may come from this war. Look closely at the sign below. 








 Our Israeli General. He was our guide. 


I do hope that these beautiful historical places are unharmed by the war ahead. I hope to be able to return someday to this marvelous place. 

No comments: