Sunday, August 05, 2012

Neil Diamond on a hot July night

We have seen Neil before but when I heard was he playing in the Rio Tinto stadium in Salt Lake City I hurried and bought tickets. It was a beautiful balmy summer night. We went to a wedding in Rexburg that afternoon and made a fast trip to SLC to see him. It was really fun and he is getting older but so are we. He played nonstop for over two hours. LOVED it!


 Sweet Caroline is my favorite song that he sings. Apparantly many others feel the same way. He sang the chorus several times to let the crowd enjoy singing along. I remember when I was about 13 or 14 years old my Dad took me with him one Saturday afternoon to a lake in Minnesota to go swimming. It was a beautiful day and I swam out to a dock and sat on it basking in the sun and feeling so cool and mature. They were playing Sweet Caroline on the loud speakers. To this day I am transported back to that day when I hear that song. Thank you Neil. 
Jeff my concert buddy. 

No comments: