Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A weekend of Christmas magic

I love this time of the year. We were able to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert. Truly magnificent is the best description I can think of. Jane Seymour was in it along with Nathan Gunn an opera singer. The snow falling during the show was beautiful. 


We had dinner with Rob, Lauren, Floyd and Fletcher. They tell me it was a great hamburger. 
Little America knows how to create the perfect Christmas mood. That is Jeff at the counter in the background. 

The next morning I was off to California for two days. Lily had the lead in a community play. It was "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever". We all gathered in the bathroom to help her get ready. How can Lily be old enough to apply make-up? 


Tod working on his art project. 
All Christmas trees are beautiful. 



The play was every bit as wonderful as the concert the night before. I got to see both ends of the spectrum from grand to humble and I loved them both equally. 
My little short visit packed it in. We visited Candy Cane Lane. It is a community that decorates all the houses in a neighborhood. They close the street off so people can walk the streets and see the lights. Amazing what people created. 


Great job Lil. 
I found this cute elf and set him up on my pot rack. He is so fun....except Jeff says the elf scares him. It's the most wonderful time of the year!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Schanks for coming! We so love and appreciate your efforts!

Beth said...

I think your elf is adorable. Jeff better be careful what he says about elves has he read "The Elf on the Shelf"

Candy Cane Lane looks amazing, where is it? You lead such an amazing, adventurous life.