Sunday, March 07, 2010

Orchids in New York

Last week we were in New York. One of the things we got to do was to visit the Botanical Gardens. We went crazy taking pictures of the most beautiful Orchids. They were having a special exhibit of them. These are just a few of the magnificent flowers we saw. I had a hard time choosing these pictures from the hundreds that I took. There are a couple of flowers that are not Orchids but are equally beautiful. My camera was very happy. 






















4 comments:

MZB said...

They just look like they want to sing like on Alice in Wonderland

Just Another Girl's Blog said...

Wow, Mary gorgeous pictures, looks like paradise. . .and congrats on the Beautification Award!

bBchronicles said...

Wow, those are beautiful - FLOWERS, how nice - haven't seen one in awhile! I love them all - the red 'puff ball' is so interesting. Lucky you!

barbchuck said...

Mary, these orchids are simply amazingly gorgeous and exotic. How lucky you were to be there and to see them up close! Could you please send me a few shots so I can make some prints?