Sunday, April 06, 2008

Blessing Dresses

Last week Berta inspired me to take some pictures of something I wore long ago. Her little red sweater was so sweet. Here is the dress that was hand made for my baptism. I was a Catholic baby. The stitching is all by hand. I do not know who made it. Many little babies have also been blessed in it. It has a little slip that goes underneath it. It has become very fragile.
I had fun taking pictures of it so went on the hunt for my girls blessing dresses. They unfortunately did not wear mine as at the time I did not know this dress existed. So below are Rachel & Leslie's dresses. Also a knit blanket made for Rachel when she was born by her Great Grandma King (I think).
Finally below is a grouping of all of our blessing dresses, the blanket, a baby blanket I have from my infant days with little bunny ears on it and a little baby bonnet. You can click on the picture to see each item more closely. What a fun photo session.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Berta said...

SO cute! You displayed them so well too - you're a great 'stager'! I think everyone should keep something from their childhood. I just wish I would have saved things from each of my kids! Nice job!

The Clark said...

i don't think i knew those were are blessing dresses. who's was who's?

cool post mom. xoxo

MZ said...

Rachels is the pink one. Leslies is white with pink underneath. I leant Andy's blessing outfit to someone and never got it back :(

suzan said...

That is really neat that you still have those, they are so pretty! I bet that was really fun for you!

Leslie said...

Beautiful photos! You could add photos of all your grand babies that were blessed in YOUR dress.

And that white blanket that Grandma King made is soooo amazing. So beautiful!

Beth said...

Lovely sentimental Post. I also wore that baptism dress. Too bad we don't have pictures of us as babies in the dress. I haven't seen it in years. It's so nice that you have the dress that was made for you. How special!

Grant said...

is Margot going to wear them?