Saturday, February 02, 2008

What a fun weekend I am having!!!

I have spent the weekend going through boxes in my basement of pictures, cards, newspaper clippings etc. I found things I did not know that I had. I did not know anyone had them. I found this picture of Jeff and his family. He is dying that I found it because I told him he looks like PeeWee Herman. I just love this picture. Just in case you cannot tell...Jeff is on the right. I think it is the only one of his family. I will make copies for anyone interested.
This picture was taken when Rachel was about 1 week old. I was not much older than that myself. Actually I must have been 19. I remember Andy asking me this day what Iwas doing when I nursed her. I told him that is how she drinks milk. He said "does the other one have chocolate milk in it?"


WOW is all I can say about this picture. I had never seen it or the others thatI found. I cannot quit looking at it. I am going to start tomorrow on a new Heritage Makers book. Cannot wait. Any guesses who is in the picture?


16 comments:

The Clark said...

WOO WOO Grandma Jane!! Wow! And same to 19 year old glam Mary! These are all great. Can't wait to see your book!!!

Beth said...

That's Mom and Mary. Look at that beautiful chubby cheeked baby. Great find.

Berta said...

I guessed right (and I'm not even family!) very nice pictures. I would entitle the picture of Jeff "GROWTH SPURT" or "PEE WEE HERMAN!". i would have NEVER recognized him! Fun pics.

Andy and Lynne said...

these are great! keep them coming.

LZ said...

I would love a pee wee pic!

MZB said...

I am glad you found the pictures. Look a lot like Matt. I would love a copy.Have fun on your book....

Leslie said...

I will second that "WOW"! I have never seen a more beautiful picture than that of you and Grandma. It looks straight from a magazine. You have got to blow that up and frame it. And I want a copy of that one.

Also, I cannot believe how HOT you were at 19 with two kids. Sheeeesh! And look at that shirt you are wearing. If I saw it on the rack at a store, I would totally buy it.

MZ said...

I have been working hard on pictures all weekend. I made a box for every child and put all your pictures in each box. I sorted my Mom & Dads families out. I am throwing away lots of useless pictures. I have found some real treasures including birth, marriage and death certificates of ancestors. Family bibles and hand written histories of ancestors. What a job I have ahead of me.
I will get copies to everyone. Scanners and computers make it a much easier task.

MZ said...

Oh by the way... I bought that shirt at K-Mart 31 years ago.

The Clark said...

i second that. i want the pic of you & gma too.

Anonymous said...

The Pee Wee picture is classic! and the Grandma Jane picture is so Beautiful.... I can't stop looking at it... so fun to see!
Thanks!

Berta said...

PS
Microderm is 'lavish'! Could become habit forming if I wasn't as poor as a church mouse . . . or something like that! Niccccce.

Leslie said...

how do you remember where you bought that shirt???? good memory!

MZ said...

Back then I did not get new clothes as often. Also it was K-Mart in Idaho Falls as there was not one in Rexburg yet. The old K-Mart on Broadway...how is that for detailed memory?

barbchuck said...

Don't forget to send us a copy of the movies. LOL

The Clark said...

i want a copy of jeff's picture too. oh, actually how about one of each?