Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Never Ending Story

Yes this is a woodpecker on my roof. The other day I heard a noise and I thought...Is Jeff hanging a picture or pounding a nail? I investigated and found this guy pecking away at the roof.
I was coming home recently from my morning walk and discovered on my steps the little bare footprints of a child. Not sure who they belong to and they are hard to see here, but we grow hardy kids here in Idaho. We have to.
We now have a three time a day shoveling routine. You do not dare let it go too long or it becomes too heavy to lift. This is Jeff shoveling so he can get out of the garage. Below is the snow on the side of the streets. Many places it is now 10 feet high.

I know you are all tired of seeing and hearing about our snow. But it will not end. The forecast for today is 30% chance of snow tonight and then lots of snow overnight turning into blowing and drifting snow the next two days. I just want to vent here...IT IS ALREADY SNOWING AT 8 IN THE MORNING. THE TREES ARE ALREADY STARTING TO TWITCH FROM THE WIND. Thanks for listening to me. Today is the first day in weeks that all of the schools are open. I predict they close early in some places. What a winter.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Mmmmhhhmmm, Just like the winters I remember as a child. I thought they might be gone for good.

Leslie said...

I remember taking Drivers Ed right in the dead of winter and the conditions were like this. We had to do our "drives" at about 6 a.m. on those treacherous roads. A bit scary to a 15 year old.

suzan said...

We have a trip to Island Park planned for this weekend. What is your prediction for the roads? Are we nuts? Also, how far is Island Park past Rexburg?

MZ said...

The forecast for Wednesday and Thursday is grim. What day are you driving up? The roads up that way lately have been tough. Are you bringing snow mobiles? Should be great for that. I will update you in a day or so.

Berta said...

Susan! I don't think you'll make it to Island Park unless you come Fri or Sat! If you get stuck, you can stay with Heather (my daughter) who lives in Ashton - right before you head up the hill to IP.

Mary - love the woodpecker - didn't know we had them here especially in the winter! Really nice picture. Looks like you've got a JUMP on the CONTEST! BTW, do the pictures HAVE TO BE in Rexburg? This will be fun especially AFTER the storm passes.

suzan said...

Thanks for the heads up ladies! We are planning to come up on Friday afternoon, but Bryan and Annalisa were going to leave Friday night. I will let them know what you said. We will be doing some snowmobiling on Saturday and Sunday. I'm excited!!!
Thanks again!

Beth said...

Insanity, pure insanity!!!