Friday, October 05, 2007

Chicago and the perfect pizza quest









I walked for miles and miles today. I went by myself this morning along Lake Michigan. The Chicago Marathon is Sunday and there is lots going on to get ready for it. I swear there is a mile of Porta potties.
Then I met Jeff at 11:30 at the convention center. I was early so I walked around inside of it. It goes forever. We walked all afternoon through the booths of vendors and drug companies. Got bags of pens and doodads. For dinner we went to Ginos East for pizza day # 2. Remember we are on the quest to see who really has the best pizza in Chicago. Chicago is famous for deep dish pizza. They do it very well. The pizza was delicious but we cannot decide yet which of the two we have tried is the best. As you can see the cheese was so stretchy, that on my first bite it flipped up onto my face. I looked on line and found this blog that tells how to make the pizza at Gino's East which in Chicago many say is the best of all pizza's.

http://damngoodfood.blogspot.com/2004/10/ginos-east-pizza-recipe.html

We walked back a couple of miles to our Hotel. We stopped in this park and took the pictures at the water walls. They are bigger than they look. They rotate designs on them. The one with the face was looking around, blinking etc. Just when we went to walk away it started spitting water. These walls are actually water falls with water falling over them. Pretty cool.
Friday is Vince Gill/Amy Grant and pizza parlor #3. It is pure summer here. Balmy 80's and sunny.

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

The Clark said...

trip looks fun! did you check out the hippie dolls? ana gave me her top 5 gift list today and it goes like this:

1. dad
2. book of mormen
3. bible & doctern coventes + pearl of great price
4. scripre case
5. serves for my phone

i already got her something. do you want scripture duty?

Beth said...

That looks like an awesome pizza. So did you manage to stay in your points? I started WW 3 weeks ago.

RobynE said...

O.K. That does it. I'll be there tomorrow. Pick me up at noon for pizza and the 80 degree weather. I won't be a bother. I'll even get my own room. It's cold, rainy and I'm having a hard time getting motivated to do much of anything.

Berta said...

That's a really cool picture of Jeff - love the grafitti bench. Mary, the cheese glasses . . . pretty glamourous (sp?)! Do you guys 'ever' stay home (only because I'm jealous!)

MZ said...

Berta, That is cool you picked out the graffiti bench because this place is famous for it. Every inch of the place is graffiti covered.