Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Chicago adventure





We arrived last night in Chicago. It took us nearly as long to get here as it does to get to some places in South America. They were having some tough weather and closed airports, they cancelled one of our flights. But we made it. We love our hotel...the Chicago Hilton. Our room has a his and hers bathroom, we each have our own.
Last night we walked down the street to get something to eat. Some guy latched onto Jeff and wanted him to buy him a hamburger down a dark street. Yea right!! I was mad at this guys persistence. Jeff (duh) had told him already what Hotel we were staying in. When we passed a Hotel I said I needed to go in and buy some water. The guy yelled at me that I was at the wrong place. Jeff finally came in, we crossed the Hotel and found another way out. Sure enough the guy was waiting for us. He started calling me a bitch for trying to ditch him. Now I was pretty nervous. He just stuck to Jeff like glue wanting him to come with him. I envisioned the murder in the movie Ghost on the street. We made it to our Hotel with him still yelling at us. Yuck!
Today Jeff has a class at 1:30. I am going to the opening session where James Carvelle and Mary Maitlyn are speaking. We are going to do some birthday shopping today. AMERICAN GIRL is just down the street. So Ana and Grace have birthdays this month...wonder what they will get.
Dinner tonight? We are on the quest to have the best pizza in the world. We are polling people and are confident that we will find it. And yes we will stay on our diets. Between us we have lost around 40 pounds.
The pictures are of a cool river in what we think was South Dakota. Looked like a Chinese dragon to me. Fall colors in Minneapolis as we landed. The next is the mechanics trying to get our luggage out of the overhead which would not open. Took us a half of an hour to get it out. Yes it was a flying adventure day. Finally the view of the skyline from our Hotel window.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Beth said...

I think you mght possibly be embellishing some of your stories. No one can possibly have so many amazing and crazy events happen in one life. Come on' fess up! It seems to me that you were always good with a story as a youngster.

MZB said...

I am glad you are safe! Remember the rule DON'T TALK TO HOMOS, let alone tell him your hotel!

MZ said...

We just got back to our Hotel and we saw the creep again. This time we took a taxi so avoided him. True story!

suzan said...

That story was all too familiar for me, Greg ALWAYS attracts the wierdos. They just cling to him. No matter how close or far we are from home they always seem to track him down.