Sunday, May 23, 2010

Malta, a tiny Island in the Mediterranean Sea

The next stop on our adventure was Malta. It is a beautiful little Island in the Mediterranean Sea. It is rich with history. We hired a nice lady by the name of Amy to drive us around the Island and be our guide. She first took us to St. John's Cathedral. It is exquisite. This pictures show the painting on the ceiling and in the many niches of the cathedral. Absolutely gorgeous. 




This picture is of the tile work on the floor of the cathedral. 

Amy took us to a little fishing village. The little harbor had all of these brightly painted fishing boats. Again the color of the water was amazing. We walked around, had a snack and the girls got to run around a bit. 


It is spring here also so everything is in bloom. Lovely!
We asked Lily what her favorite part was of the trip. She said when I asked Amy about the cock roach sign in the van. See the little picture by Lily's face. Amy laughed and said that it is a picture of a hammer breaking the glass in the van. Unfortunately the hammer was stolen. Looked like a cock roach to me. 
We drove to a city called Mdina. So much fascinating history. You can click on the link to read and see more pictures about it. I wish we had more time to SHOP!!! They had beautiful glass things. I did buy a little butterfly pin of scroll work. I should do a post of my souvenirs. I got some fun things. 





Can you believe how beautiful. I am ready to go again!

7 comments:

Eric F. Baldwin said...

The pictures look amazing.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Looks like you had such a good time.

Just Another Girl's Blog said...

Wowzer Mary, what an awesome trip! I will just have to live vicariously through your blog, keep those amazing pictures coming!

Beth said...

All I can say is WOW!

Leslie said...

That place looks incredible. INCREDIBLE. St John's cathedral was sooooo stunning. I am wondering how one even dreams up creating something on that level.

MZ said...

Read Pillars of the Earth. That is how.

suzan said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures Mary!!!