Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Linda!

Linda Porter had a surprise birthday party last night. Chuck and the kids invited everyone she knows and what a party it was. Live band, lots of cool cars for decor and good food. She is obviously loved by many. There were a lot of people that came.
We got the girls together for a group picture. Some were missing, it is hard when you have so many good friends to get everyone together. Here is the silly shot and below the serious one.

Charlene, Joanne, Mary, Sherie, Suzan, Linda, Judy, Shan
Now that we (the Mothers of Nature) are all entering an age when some might consider us old, we are looking forward to bigger better adventures. Having just completed the bike ride this week we were still thinking bikes. As I have mentioned I am on the hunt for the perfect bike. Should I have one made or buy a good one?? Then this custom built bike came to the party. It was ridden last week in the LotaJa. Price tag...priceless. Pricier than my brain can handle. But it did inspire me to not forget to get a better bike. We all had to touch it just because we could.
We are starting to talk about the next big adventure which means I have to really work at getting in good shape. The Inca Trail is calling our names. For info about it check the links below.

The band was excellent playing all the oldies but goodies. When they started to play "Twist and Shout" a couple of us went crazy. Silly girls. Fun birthday party. Thanks Chuck & Linda for a great party and for being such great friends.

Post note: I had someone recently tell me that there is criticism for blogs (especially Mormon blogs)because they show a false picture of what life is like. Too many good things. I disagree. All of our lives are filled with challenges and sadness. It helps me everyday to find the joy and happiness in my life to write about in my blog. Keeps me focused on the "Life is Good" aspect of it. So on occasion I might try to add some of my struggles but in all honesty, my life is good and I will continue to share the good things in it. I am adding a "Bucket List" to my side bar. Check it out. If you want to join me in my quest to mark them off by all means let me know.

Party on dude!

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Wild and crazy girls is right! You silly old ladies....

Berta said...

Mary - I was invited to the party but I was FLAT on my back with the flu - on my couch - listening to all the GREAT MUSIC. My body was hurting big time but my feet were keeping the beat! That band was awesome!

I would SERIOUSLY consider a KELSON bike - check their site out: http://www.kelsonbikes.com/ OR their blog www.kelsonbikes.blogspot.com

BACK TO THE PARTY: Did you guys all go to school together (grow up together)? Looked like fun.

MZB said...

How do I get in on your bike ride? Or the Inca trail.

suzan said...

Love your bucket list! Great idea!

The Clark said...

full of great ideas! the bucket list, the bike ride, the new bike, the part where you give your trek to rachel...i like them all!

okay, how much?

and cute party!

Becca's Creative Jewelry Design said...

Mary your blog site is so fun to look at and just darling! keep blogging and I'll just try to get better at this.And oh, what a fun party for Linda!