Monday, February 11, 2008

Random pics for today

In all my temple pictures I forgot to take the best one. This is my bedroom window. What a night light we have. Actually from around midnight to five in the morning they dim the lights.
Some have asked about the new eating plan that Jeff, myself and Andy are on. We started a wellness program at the RMC. It is a diet that targets insulin resistance and weight loss. You eat all your carbs early in the day and they are limited. Dinner you can only eat protein and free foods which are basically vegetables. We actually are enjoying it. This is our dinner tonight. Spinach salad with tomatoes and avocados (not on the plan but not a carb). We added salmon from last nights dinner. Pretty good. By eating just protein for dinner you burn fat all night instead of spiking your insulin which causes you to get fat. We will keep you all posted on our progress. Jeff is rocketing towards the big 200 and will soon go under it for the first time since I met him. The good news is that once a week you get a free day to eat whatever you want. Ice cream, pizza, you name it. I am saving one free day to have that hot chocolate with Berta.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Berta said...

I ABSOLUTELY need to hear more about this - I've got 'big problems in River City' (as the saying goes) and this makes sense. H E L P ! ! ! . . .

Berta said...

PS.
Your 'night light' puts my Dumbo nightlight to shame ! ! ! ! Fabulous - wanna trade?

Leslie said...

sounds great. how do you sign up?

MZB said...

Go for the PANNI!